Premiere Experience 2007
Shizuoka Prefecture and Tokyo, Japan
November 14 - 17, 2007
2007 VIP Experience Review
Overall the 2007 VIP Experience was a great success. With just over 100 participants from 14 different countries/regions, the VIP Experience presented a great opportunity to network and share knowledge. On a survey that we distributed to the participants, the VIP Experience rated very high, with lots of great feedback and suggestions for the 2009 VIP Experience. By far, the VIP tour of the actual Competition site was viewed as the most enjoyable aspect and something that we plan to extend in the future. 97% of survey respondents said that this experience has made them more inclined to be involved with WorldSkills in their own country/region.
Dr. Ji Oh Song, Executive Vice President/Senior Advisor for Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., gave a wonderful keynote presentation on “New Technology Transforms Skilled Work” during the WorldSkills Leaders Forum. The audience was captivated and engaged throughout the entire time.
The Global Skills Seminars were also a huge success. The four seminars ran twice and both times there were well attended. The four topics were: “Why Competitions? The need, the support, the legacy”; “The Youth Experience”; “Raising the bar in Competitions in 2009, 2011, and beyond”; and, “State of the art methods to promote the image of skills”. The feedback from this event was very positive, the VIPs were able to network and learn a great deal about initiatives happening throughout the world.
We are looking forward to planning for the 2009 VIP Experience and making it even better. We encourage all organisations to have representatives at the VIP Experience as it is a wonderful opportunity to network with world leaders from industry, education and government.
What were the dates of the VIP Experience?
November 14, 2007 – November 17, 2007
The VIP Experience was a four day event during the WorldSkills Competition. The programme began early afternoon Wednesday, November 14th. The official programme finished on the evening of Saturday, November 17. However many VIPs opted to stay for an additional day on November 18.
Who attended the VIP Experience?
- local, regional, national or international leaders in government, industry, associations and education
- people interested in global skills issues, trends or new technology
- people wishing to network and learn from other international leaders in like positions
- people interested in observing the world’s best young skilled people in action
What were the benefits for leaders who attended the VIP Experience?
They received the opportunity to:
- network and exchange knowledge and ideas with like-minded leaders
- participate and network during the WorldSkills Leaders Forum
- experience customised informational and networking sessions relating to global skills issues
- explore the WorldSkills Competition with highly informative guides
- share in the excitement and festivities of the Opening Ceremonies of the WorldSkills Competition
The VIP Experience was designed to bring leaders together for a productive, informative and eye-opening experience during the WorldSkills Competition. The goal of the VIP Experience was to ensure that every VIP who participated walked away with a full understanding of the WorldSkills movement, gained valuable knowledge and interaction with other leaders and to have increased their network.
WorldSkills Leaders Forum/ VIP Experience 2007 was a part of the 39th WorldSkills Competition
Japanese Organising Committee for the “International Skills Festival for All” website: www.worldskills2007.com