The WorldSkills Conference Programme (WSCP) is a conference and events programme that brings leaders in education, government, business, and industry from around the globe together to share best practice and learn about global trends and issues found in Vocational Education and Training (VET), skills demand, skills of the future as well as skills excellence and development.
Skills strategies for a globalized world
The 2017 Conference Programme will take place in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates in conjunction with the 44th WorldSkills Competition. The focus of the 2017 forum will be to bring together employers and the world of skills to improve the policy and practice of skills development. The primary themes are:
- The globalization of skills and careers in an increasingly digitized world
- The mismatch between jobs and skills
- Labour force mobility and the constraints of existing qualifications
- The specific challenges for skills in cities
- Combatting gender inequality in skills