WorldSkills Leaders Forum update
8 July 2011
By WorldSkills International
Our goal for the 2011 WorldSkills Leaders Forum (WSLF) is to bring to the stage several countries and international corporations that are making a difference in skills development and promotion. The WSLF is held in conjunction with the 41st WorldSkills Competition, the world's largest global skills promotion event bringing together some 57 countries/regions.
We have carefully selected a mix of developing and developed countries from all over the world for this WSLF program. The Harvard Graduate School of Education report entitled “Pathways to Prosperity” was the catalyst behind the theme and direction for this year’s event. Top speakers from around the world will be addressing the impact that vocational training has on economic growth as it pertains to their country or corporation.
Following presentations from key leaders in business and commerce, participants will have their chance to engage in the WSLF through a ‘Question Time’ style session exploring the benefits of investing in skills, the role skills will play in the global economic recovery and the importance of striving for excellence as a way of motivating young people.
A networking lunch will be held during the WSLF and many examples of policy and practice will be shared over the course of the day. The WSLF is proudly supported by WorldSkills International’s Global Industry Partners in partnership with City & Guilds.
The schedule for the WorldSkills Leaders Forum is:
WorldSkills Leaders Forum Programme – Morning session:
- 08:15 – 09:00 Registration, tea & coffee
- 09:00 – 09:10 Welcome and housekeeping
- 09:10 – 09:25 Welcome to LB Newham
- 09:25 – 09:45 Investing in Skills for Growth
- 09:45 – 10.05 Input speech 1
- 10:05 – 10:25 Input speech 2
- 10.25 – 10:45 Input speech 3
- 10:45 – 11.20 Question and answer panel session
- 11:20 – 11:30 Summary of the morning session
11:30 - 13:00 Networking Lunch (sit down 3 course buffet luncheon for participants of morning and afternoon)
WorldSkills Leaders Forum Programme – Afternoon session:
- 13:00 – 13:10 Welcome and introduction
- 13:10 – 13:30 Part 1 – a presentation about the host country/region demonstrating their commitment to skills development by putting 50 million pounds behind this event showing support of skills development and infrastructure projects.
- 13:30 – 13:50 Part 2 - a presentation from the USA outlining the results of the Harvard "Pathways to Prosperity" report and the action plan they have to implement the indicated changes.
- 13:50 – 14:10 Part 3 - a presentation from Brazil showing how SENAI was developed and what it has accomplished
- 14:10 – 14:30 Coffee Break
- 14:30 – 15:00 Part 4 – 3 multinational corporations come to the stage and give a response from Industry on skills development and industry’s demand for skilled workers and the changes in the workforce.
- 15:00 – 15:20 Part 5 – Panel discussion, Q&A
- 15:20 - 15:30 Closing remarks
- 15:30 - 17:30 Offering VIP guided tours of Competition site
For more information please visit www.worldskillspremiere.com