5 April 2011
Getting Ready for WorldSkills London 2011
International and WorldSkills London 2011 are working together to
prepare for the 41st WorldSkills Competition being held October 5-8,
2011, a global event that will be enjoyed by all who attend.
Here is our recipe for success:
- Bring together people who have both knowledge and passion in 46 skill areas from over 50 countries/regions around the world for the Competition Preparation Week (CPW).
- Take equal parts of enthusiasm, focus, shared ambition and vision.
- Facilitate the learning, development and preparedness of all Competition personnel.
- In large groups, view presentations on sustainability initiatives, Health and Safety and the overall layout of the upcoming WorldSkills London 2011 Competition.
- In small breakout groups composed of the Skill Management Teams and Workshop Supervisors, determine the required infrastructure lists, workshop layouts and management of competition days
- Take a tour of the amazing ExCel London venue that has over 90,000m2 of space, escorted by the helpful London logistics team.
- On the side, while the large and small technical groups are working, plan the most comprehensive and exciting conference and seminar programme ever held at a WorldSkills Competition.