French National Skills Competition
23 July 2007
Contributed by: WorldSkills France
From 28-31 of March, 2007, WorldSkills France organised its national competition in Amiens, the capital of the Picardy region.
673 young men and women from all regions of France participated in this competition which served as the selection process for the French Skills Team, which will compete in Shizuoka, Japan in November 2007.
During the three days, 60,000 visitors, mainly students who are looking for careers advice, came to Amiens to encourage the young competitors and to discover skill occupations like tiler, joiner, jeweller or still solderer. 48 professions were represented during the competition in all!
Here are a few figures from French Skills Competition in Amiens:
- 6 days to set up the site
- 17 000 m2 of competition surface
- 17 high schools and 20 education centres mobilised for the Skills Competition organisation in Picardy
- 485 juries, including 50 jury presidents
- 1 000 volunteers to organise the competition
- 21 working hours during 3 days
- 4 000 lunches served per day
- 1 profession in demonstration: blacksmith’s job
For more information please visit: www.cofom.org