Be Our Guest! WorldSkills Leipzig 2013 Restaurant Service
15 May 2013
By Isabella Staal, WorldSkills International
Looking to take some time out from the heat of the Competition? Why not do so while supporting our Competitors’ in Restaurant Service - did I mention all-the-while sipping on a crisp glass of vino and enjoying a three course meal?! Sound tempting? We thought so, that is why we are giving you the opportunity to get in first and register to be one of our official guests at the Restaurant Service Competition.
Throughout the Competition there are four modules that each Competitor has to perform during a lunch service on a rotation basis, these include - Casual Dining, Bar Service, Fine Dining and Banquet Dining. In order to showcase their skills to the very best of their ability they require such guests to wait on hand on foot – it’s a tough job but someone’s got to do it right?
Places are filling up quickly so get in fast, after all who doesn’t love a free lunch...
- Guests must be at the Restaurant Service area ten minutes prior to scheduled seating time.
- If guests are late (maximum five minutes from allocated time) their table will not be guaranteed (so that Competitors are not disadvantaged, the tables will be given to standby guests).
- Once seated – guests must accept all food and beverage that is offered, as Competitors must be marked on all skill aspects.
- Dietary requests cannot be accepted, as menu items must be the same for all Competitors.
- Guest must be over 18years of age.
- No mobile phones, videos or cameras are permitted to be used.
- Guests cannot leave the area until the meal service is completed unless approved by Experts in the area (again this is so that no Competitor is disadvantaged with service).
- Guests will not seat at the tables where the Competitor is from the same country as the guests.
- Guests are invited as guests of WorldSkills, they are not to judge the Competitor or interfere with the Competitor in their work or cause disruption to their work or make comments to judges about any of the Competitors.
To secure your place at a table contact firstname.lastname@example.org and be quick as places are limited.